CodeIgniter is a powerful PHP framework and one of the most popular frameworks for PHP available due to its small footprint . To install CodeIgniter on your existing windows azure website , you need to
- Download a copy of CodeIgniter framework from here
- Extract the content of the CodeIgniter ZIP package into your application folder
- Deploy your application using GIT (you may also use FTP , Web Matrix or any of the supported deployment technologies for Windows Azure Websites)
- Install GIT on your local machine , if you haven’t already
- Setup GIT deployment on Azure Website :
- Click on “Setup deployment from source” on your existing website using the management portal on manage.windowsazure.com
- Select Local GIT repository and continue . This will set up a GIT deployment for your website
- You will now see a Deployments Tab for your site with a list of instructions on how to deploy your local site content to the azure website
- Open Git BASH command Line and move to your application folder (‘myflasksite’ folder )
- At the command prompt, and then type this command:
git init git add . git commit -m "initial commit"
- At the command prompt, change to the root directory for your app, and use the following
git remote add azure <GIT URL as shown in the dasboard for your site> git push azure master
Once the content is deployed successfully , browse the site and you should see CodeIgniter’s start page .
Happy coding on Windows Azure Websites !!!