CodeIgniter is a powerful PHP framework and one of the most popular frameworks for PHP available due to its small footprint . To install CodeIgniter on your existing windows azure website , you need to
- Download a copy of CodeIgniter framework from here
- Extract the content of the CodeIgniter ZIP package into your application folder
Continue reading “CodeIgniter on Windows Azure Website”
Cappuccino framework is an open source application that allows you to develop amazing web applications with just a few lines of code. In this article I will show you how to create a simple Hello World web application using Cappuccino on Windows Azure websites
You can download a starter application that displays Hello World from here and follow these steps :
- Create a new folder for your application , say C:\myprojects\mycappuccinoapp
- Extract the content of “New Application” folder from the ZIP package into your application’s folder .
- Create a web.config file and set the following MIME type extensions required for Cappuccino framework to work on IIS .
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mimeMap fileExtension=".plist" mimeType="text/vnd.cappuccino.plist" />
<mimeMap fileExtension=".j" mimeType="text/vnd.cappuccino.objective-j" />
Now you are ready to deploy you application to Windows Azure websites . You can check this article that walks you step-by-step on how to deploy your project to your Windows Azure website using GIT .